Reading Good Books

It's getting close to the end of November and colder. A good time to curl up with a good book in front of the fireplace. That's just what I have been doing. Tonight I finished reading MRS. FRISBY AND THE RATS OF NIHM by Robert C. O'Brien. I had heard about this Newbery winner for a long time but never actually read it. I recently bought it at Fables' Cottage bookstore here on Salt Spring Island. I loved it. Not only is it a skillfully written tale about mice and rats, it has wonderful observations about human nature. I found myself caring about the rats and their intricate way of living. I loved the 'pictures' painted in words in this fascinating novel. A good book for any teacher to read aloud, especially to students who enjoyed The Redwall series by Brian Jacques or Tale of Desperaux by Kate Dicamillo. If you would like to see a list of other books I have loved to read, check out my list of recommended books on my FOR READERS page. Happy reading.

No comments: